Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 cmx250c
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first bike, a previous owner committed sin against her and she's possibly more zip tie than metal, but underneath the horrible bobber conversation and wire management, she's still a beautiful bike that runs amazing, I'm happy to call her my first bike and have big plans after I've learned to ride on her (aka after I get better at not dropping her)

She'll be road worthy once I do some general tune ups and figure out how to put the headlight back on (******* flush cut the wires on it, sigh)

But hey I can't complain, I got her for 500, title in hand.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Cheers everyone! I look forward to many great conversations with you all!

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
Welcome! And, Thank you so much for trying to right the injuries done against that defenseless machine.
We'll all try our best to help you resurrect it.

·
Super Moderator
31,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. In your shoes, I'd get a used wiring harness from ebay and forget about trying to fix what's there. I suggest you take a basic rider course to learn the fundamentals of riding. Self/family/friend taught riders have more accidents, and more serious injuries than professionally trained riders. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation classes or equivalent are offered in every state.

Reactions: Work_in_Progress

·
Registered
1999 cmx250c
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot everyone! I'm signed up for the msf in January already and I'll definitely keep the used wiring harness under mind, I'll take a crack at it myself though. I also see this bike as a way to learn more about working on bikes, I've never been one to let others do what I can learn to do! (im of the mind getting a mechanic to inspect it is a good middle ground though)

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
I'd suggest buying a scrap parts bike that was wrecked. That way you get all the parts that you need and you don't have to pay exorbitant prices. I've got 1 for less than $150 & so far (based on prices on the internet) saved several hundred using parts that I have rather than buying & waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Less than half the miles of mine & many others. Miles to go!

·
Super Moderator
7,905 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
57 Posts
I have seen so many Rebel 250s destroyed like this on YouTube videos. Often they show the whole thing. They have a nice looking Rebel, and by the end of the video it winds up looking like yours. What's holding it up? Looks like the rear shocks are missing, or is it just the one on the right side. It's too bad they butchered the exhaust. eBay is a good place to find Rebel 250 parts. As I understand it, all Rebel 250s are the same from 1996 all the way to 2016. I think the Rebel 250 is the best beginner bike ever made, though I started on a dual sport.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Not just a beginner bike! It's the go to bike for many of us that have ridden since childhood. I stopped riding & am selling all my others. I've had many stronger bikes, both in power & how the frame is made. But, this is one of the best motorcycles for just enjoying the ride that I've ever had!

Reactions: Markrkolb
1 - 14 of 14 Posts