Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my battle to solve my low oil pressure problem, I wanted get thoughts on oil filters brands.

My problems started when I changed the filter, since then my oil pressure is low. I don't know whether the brand of filter is poor quality and causing the pump to struggle pushing oil around.

As it happens I took the motor out so I can check the pump and relief valve and a few other things that needed doing.

But yes, along with this I want to look into whether the filter brand is causing me problems too.

It is for a mid 80s 450cmx.

Anyone?

Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just a question: From what information do you gather that your oil pressure is low?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Just a question: From what information do you gather that your oil pressure is low?
...and that it does not have anything to do with your checking the pump and relief valve and the few other things that needed doing?

Did you happen-to-be taking the engine out and decided to change the oil and it now does not run right, or did you change the oil, discover it has low pressure and then remove the engine.

'As it happens' doesn't quite identify timeline.

Really hard to believe that a new filter is malfunctioning and blocking flow. I would bet the house that you have another issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts