Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! I have bought few month ago The Rebel 125. Now I lift it, and I found ths demage on it. Anybody know in Europe Honda motorcycle demolition? The new one too mutch for me..
Or enibody hase right exhaust. The tube from motor till the wide part could be also useful.
Thanks
Gábor

Plant Nature Wood Grass Trunk

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
The exhaust has two different tubes. The inside tube is about 3/4" (19mm) in diameter then there is the outside that you can see. How flat is the inside tube, can you tell?
My old exaust actually broke at the crossover pipe. Your damage is at least, in front of that point.

Reactions: Gabor the rebel

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The exhaust has two different tubes. The inside tube is about 3/4" (19mm) in diameter then there is the outside that you can see. How flat is the inside tube, can you tell?
My old exaust actually broke at the crossover pipe. Your damage is at least, in front of that point.
The exhaust at metal worker now, I will ask him. I wait his answer, wether can do it, or not. I will tell him the posibility. Iwill write to yuo.
Thanks
Gábor

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
I hope he can fix it. Around here the metal worker is me, anything that needs fixing is me. ;) Saves money.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've seen videos on YouTube where that dent would just be cut out and a patch (from a donor pipe) would be welded in place and smoothed so well it blended right in.

But these are stock Honda double wall pipes.
I'd guess perform the repair above but once inside tack weld on a dent-pulling rod and use a slide hammer to expand the inner pipe if needed. The inner pipe may not be badly damaged at all.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
That was basically my thought. The inner pipe might not be flattened. The air flow may be fine fine but just look bad on the outside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen videos on YouTube where that dent would just be cut out and a patch (from a donor pipe) would be welded in place and smoothed so well it blended right in.

But these are stock Honda double wall pipes.
I'd guess perform the repair above but once inside tack weld on a dent-pulling rod and use a slide hammer to expand the inner pipe if needed. The inner pipe may not be badly damaged at all.
I am sure it demaged !

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I don't believe that the 250 shares exhaust with the CA125, but, I did find this in my searches.
I've heard wjmrty say that it will fit but be about (.39") 10mm lower.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi ! I have bought few month ago The Rebel 125. Now I lift it, and I found ths demage on it. Anybody know in Europe Honda motorcycle demolition? The new one too mutch for me..
Or enibody hase right exhaust. The tube from motor till the wide part could be also useful.
Thanks
Gábor

View attachment 111759
Exhaus problem solved ! The metal worker did it professional. Hopfuli the poziconig will be good.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Luggage and bags Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Wow! Looks great! They are quite skilled!
Hopefully all the angles are correct too, & it connects perfectly.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I wish that I knew someone that proficient! Even if I had to pay more, it'd be well worth it to have these kinds of repairs done! Each time that I re-view the picture I'm still quite impressed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.