Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple weeks ago I dropped my bike on the left side. I picked it up and drove it home, no issues. Then last week I went to take it out and it started but wanted to stall the more throttle I gave it. It eventually stalled out while it sat running in my driveway. I tried to start it back up, and it wouldn’t start. A day later, it started up and did the same thing. It’s also running really rich. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
I can't come up with a solution..
adjust enricher/choke no more than 1/3 of throw to see if there is any change.. away from driver is Off btw.
turn petcock off to see if rpm increases as carb bowl runs out of fuel..
I would remove air filter, using a chopstick (cuz my fingers aren't long enough) raise and release vacuum piston to see if it's sticking..
sorry I'm really no help

Reactions: adoherty

·
Registered
2008 Honda Rebel CMX250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't come up with a solution..
adjust enricher/choke no more than 1/3 of throw to see if there is any change.. away from driver is Off btw.
turn petcock off to see if rpm increases as carb bowl runs out of fuel..
I would remove air filter, using a chopstick (cuz my fingers aren't long enough) raise and release vacuum piston to see if it's sticking..
sorry I'm really no help
Thanks! Any suggestions are worth trying!

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Installing an in line filter before putting fuel in clean carb is a good idea. Helps ensure the carb stays clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts