Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 1986 Honda Rebel 250. I chopped it up and created my own wiring harness which PREVIOUSLY WORKED. I then rebuilt the engine and put back together. After completion the bike will not start. I believe the CDI is good because I still have spark. It sounds like the starter motor is spinning slow and barely cranking. I bought new battery, same result. The only issue I had when rebuilding engine was I could not find torque specs for cam chain tensioner bolts on outside of cylinder and head. Could over tightening do something like this? Again I do Have spark still....
ANY HELP or ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,098 Posts
When there is no specific torque value given as with the cam chain tensioner you fall back on standard torque values listed in shop manual for the size bolt/nut..
6mm bolt standard torque is 6-9 foot pounds..
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

if you have spark I wouldn't worry about custom wiring..

slow cranking could be low battery voltage, what voltage do you get while cranking?..
does the crank feel stiff when you turn crankshaft counter clockwise with a socket and ratchet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts