Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone new here and I had a question. I currently am in Japan and own a Honda rebel 250cc (2018) when I move back to the states I wouldn’t mine bringing the bike with me but the engine is much to small for the roads in the states. So my question is could I theoretically but a bigger rebel engine say a 500 on to the chassis of my 250?

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
Here they stopped selling the Rebel 250 in 2016. Mine is a 1985 & takes the roads & highways well.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
I ride on highways with the 250..
I'd say the frame is far too light for larger engines which typically forms a part of newer frames..

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
The CMX500 engine won't fit in the CMX250 frame.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
I'm sorry that I forgot to say welcome to the Forum when you posted. Sometimes I get caught up in the conversation and not so much the niceties. Glad to have you here.

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
Welcome! You could make it fit, but then you would have ruined 2 bikes. Better to keep the 250 and buy a Rebel 1100 for cruising.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I've seen somebody splice a CB 350 back end onto a Rebel front end. That's the only time I've seen a bigger engine on a "Rebel", but it was a Frankenbike.

Reactions: Markrkolb

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
My 250 rides the highways just fine, but I don't like riding highways.

·
Registered
2002 Honda rebel 250
177 Posts
I've seen somebody splice a CB 350 back end onto a Rebel front end. That's the only time I've seen a bigger engine on a "Rebel", but it was a Frankenbike.
Why oh why would they do that? As I've said before, that CB350 is one hellava a bike!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts