Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i changed my handlebars and now my electric starter doesnt work everything else works and the bike strarts if i clutch/running start it
but if i push the button to start nothing happens it doesnt even make a sound please help this is my only mode for transport i depend on this bike

·
Super Moderator
29,635 Posts
Since changing the handlebars appears to have caused this issue, I would double check all the electrical connections that may have been loosened/damaged in the process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did chek everything and i noticed my headlight/taillight/neutrallight are not as bright as they should be and they flikker when i push the starter so could tbis be a fuse problem?

·
Super Moderator
29,635 Posts
While it's unrelated to the handlebar switch, which is where I suspect the problem rises, also check the battery connections and the ground to frame wire for tightness and corrosion.

Please put your bike info in a signature so we don't have to guess or scroll to find it. See my signature for a how-to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 1996 honda rebel250 i i think it might be the starter switch is just broken i checked everything else fises are good ever connection is good the grounding wire is also good so im kinda lost what else it could be

1 - 5 of 5 Posts