Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CMX250 El Bandito, 1984 CB650SC Bike Tyson, 2000 LS650 Suzuki-gun, 2003 ST1300 Vanna
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my phone as my gps, music, and speedometer while I'm riding, but none of my gloves work with it. I did some looking around for a fix and found some ideas, but I'm cheap so I didn't want to buy anything. There's stickers, conductive thread, and solutions available, but graphite caught my attention. My experiment consisted of shavings from the brake lathe at work and some liquid soap. I combined the two in a small container and took an extension and ground it together like a mortar and pestle until it was mixed well, put my gloves on, dipped the fingertips into the mixture, and wiped off the excess. Now my gloves are as responsive on the screen as if I was using my bare fingers! Don't know how long this will last, but it beats spending money!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.