Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Joe, when we looked for another site , it was a good thing, was hoping we could attract more riders due too more accommodation, !! an maybe it will be m we will see m looks as though this year m i will have to attend the Lake Hope Meet , a cabin came up so i reserved it, i want to keep the distance short because i,m bring some new riders, if we had choice the Dillon meet we may not make it until dark, but we did check on motels in the area an many great deals, to be had should attract many new riders at the last moment, hope to see you in August !! Jim Wilson.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,428 Posts
Only 1 month left until the Rally! Wow, time moves too fast sometimes. Or, too slow, depending on if you're helping prepare for the event (too fast), or waiting for it to come (to slow). We're still trying to get all of our ducks in a row, but looking forward to seeing some new ones, & some of those we've met before.
Please don't anyone forget the date!

·
Super Moderator
32,563 Posts
Never been disappointed with the routes you chose. But I didn't fall on the initial stretch of gravel leaving Lake Hope a few years back. o_O I know you swore off gravel after that, but think it was the rider's apprehension and lack of gravel riding experience that led to the fall(s).

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,428 Posts
Only 5 more days until the Dillon Rebel Rally! Is everyone ready?
My RV & Rebel have new tires. My campsite is reserved, & if you're camping there are many sites still available, (As of yesterday).
I still need to pack all my leathers, but I'll be out riding tomorrow so it'll wait for now.
Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Yeah, went to the dealership to buy a new front tire. I specified either Pirelli or Kenda. Dealer said that they both show as discontinued! But the back tires are still available. He said they're selling bikes with missing parts due to parts shortages! I ended up swapping tires with the spare that I have.

Started getting all the gear ready.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
For those wishing to attend, we will meet at the Dillon State park office parking lot. 9:00 AM sharp! From there we will ride to Zanesville for breakfast. Ride planned is around 150 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Do you mean 9 a.m. Friday or Saturday?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
We arrived & set up camp, around 4 p.m. Thursday. It was very nice to be immediately greeted by.
flitecontrol.
We rode 15 minutes to Sam's Club & Aldi. I find that unusually convenient. But gas was cheaper right across the street from the park. Go figure.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
2 blue Rebels here so far.

Reactions: Guba
61 - 79 of 79 Posts