Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree, whatever you ride is fine, and if I were riding there, it'd probably be on a trike. Just be safe, and keep the rubber on the road!

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I wouldn't recommend a trike with all the turns down there. Just saying...but if your only doing 35...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hi all. We had a blast at Lake Hope, pics wil be on other post.

I received unpleasant feedback from locals regarding Dillon and do not want to meet there. I discovered Lake Hope will be open and we are going to reserve there. I can ride up on Sat for the main ride if necessary, but the ChicagoMetriX BBQ (sat night) wil be at Lake hope.

Oh....btw, we now have a couple of official show bikes in the group!

More pics to come!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all. We had a blast at Lake Hope, pics wil be on other post.

I received unpleasant feedback from locals regarding Dillon and do not want to meet there. I discovered Lake Hope will be open and we are going to reserve there. I can ride up on Sat for the main ride if necessary, but the ChicagoMetriX BBQ (sat night) wil be at Lake hope.

Oh....btw, we now have a couple of official show bikes in the group!

More pics to come! View attachment 113413
View attachment 113414
Looking good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, ChicagoMetrix is right. They are showing availability on the cabins now. Including the ones that the group normally stays in. I would prefer changing back to Lake Hope if it is possible.

·
Premium Member
85,86,87 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,729 Posts
I received unpleasant feedback from locals regarding Dillon and do not want to meet there.
What kind of "unpleasant feedback" anti-motorcycle? Or otherwise?

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey, ChicagoMetrix is right. They are showing availability on the cabins now. Including the ones that the group normally stays in. I would prefer changing back to Lake Hope if it is possible.
I see some cabins are available, but they look like they are all booked for the rally dates. I see very few green slots open.

Dillon rally still on. Although I wish it were at Lake Hope.

Best in class! Awesome David! I always thought it was a good show bike! Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I see some cabins are available, but they look like they are all booked for the rally dates. I see very few green slots open.

Dillon rally still on. Although I wish it were at Lake Hope.

Best in class! Awesome David! I always thought it was a good show bike! Congrats!!!!
I had to look and did see a couple dozen cabins available at Lake Hope from the 17th:

The information I received regarding the caliber of the park, patrons, and traffic in immediate areas was given to me by Wild Bill. I trust his assessment of the landscape and he additionally informed me that he will not ride up that way for the meet if it is there. With that, (and that cabins are available at LH), I already cancelled Dilon and will be at Lake Hope.

With the official rally now staying at Dillon, I will have to see where I am with the Saturday ride. Might show up with a couple hours under my belt and then break off if/when it gets back south. We'll see.

Thanks for the congrats. The other bike is Justin's. You remember him from last year, yes?

I'll be in Bellville on Friday for the Lexington Blueberry Festival to enter the Bike Show. Hopefully the group can ride up there to cast some votes for me ;)

Lot's to do!

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is what I currently have shown for availability. Only cabins that our group usually books that are not open all week is 45 and 46. I was planning on getting 45 and would only be there Friday evening- Monday morning. I didn't look at the other hill, but ChicagoMetriX said he was going to book Lake Hope anyway and he is the only one that I know for sure likes to be over there (for the pups of course). Not trying to be argumentative, just want to get while the getting is good if that was on the table.
Map Rectangle Slope Font Urban design

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Not trying to be argumentative, just want to get while the getting is good if that was on the table.
I would have rebooked with Lake Hope had I known that they were open again. But since I took a week vacation and they don't have a full week available, I'm still at Dillon.

What we get is different roads and scenes. Hopefully (no pun intended), this is the only year. Since the rally is closer to my home, I don't get to see much of anything new.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Cool.

I am going to miss your rally this year, I'll be at Lake Hope.

i think it I need to get some phone mounts on my bikes and maybe save up for a GPS this summer 🤔

Hoping all stay safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is what I currently have shown for availability. Only cabins that our group usually books that are not open all week is 45 and 46. I was planning on getting 45 and would only be there Friday evening- Monday morning. I didn't look at the other hill, but ChicagoMetriX said he was going to book Lake Hope anyway and he is the only one that I know for sure likes to be over there (for the pups of course). Not trying to be argumentative, just want to get while the getting is good if that was on the table.
View attachment 113419
I think Guba is right. He was looking to book through Thursday 24th, and for some reason that Thursday is booked solid at Lake Hope. Of course, there might still be cancellations for that day later. For me, it would be easy to switch to Wednesday to Wednesday, when there are lots of cabins available, and still get a full week. I'm hoping to hear that it can still be worked out for everybody to ride together, one place or another, while cabins are still readily available.

We did stop by Dillon State Park on the way home from Lake Hope, but did not spend long there. The cabins are on separate roads (no turn-arounds), and seem OK, but close to other recreational areas. Big parking lot maybe quarter mile away for the beach. The area is still fairly close to busy roads, and most of the minor roads that we explored nearby were in poor state. The convenience store there at the park seemed to be closed when we were there, and didn't look ready to open any time soon. There was a gas station with sandwiches, coffee, etc. just down the road, outside the park. We came away with the feeling that we could comfortably stay there, but wouldn't love it as much as Lake Hope, of course.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts