Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's time to announce the dates for the Lake Hope rally. This year the rally was moved to Dillon State park because the cabins are being renovated at Lake Hope. Since the poll ended in a 5-way tie, I figured we experiment with a new location and new roads to ride.

I have cabin 21 reserved and will be hosting the chili dinner as usual on the 19th. For those that have never attended, it's a tradition started back when the rally started. Saturday will be the main ride, we'll meet at the Dillon State park office parking lot 9:00 AM sharp! I'll have a stop planned for eating somewhere, say a late lunch. New roads, new places to visit! The roads are hilly and curvy, so this is not an event to come to if your new to riding! This isn't a training ride. But it's open to anyone wishing to come with whatever bike you want to bring and it doesn't cost anything to join us. If you just want to join us for the ride on Saturday, that's okay by me.

The cabins state that they sleep 5, but the description say's 1 queen and 1 double. Since I have never stayed at these cabins, I can't say for sure what kind of accommodations they have. My cabin is full at this point, but I'm bringing air mattresses just in case.
The park also has camping available if you wish to go that route.
The grocery store is only about 15 minutes away, so that's a bonus.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have cabin 22 reserved. Kim and I can do breakfast on Saturday again. They were having problems with the online reservation system earlier, but luckily the people on the phone were really nice.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just added this to the 2022 agenda, will be there Thursday, leaving Monday.

Staying over in the pet friendly section and all are welcome for BBQ at my cabin on Saturday, per usual!

Looking forward to exploring new roads!

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! I have a good ride planned. Lots to see, so it will definitely be the topic of discussion for Friday night. Since it will be the only, (I hope) year the rally will be at that location. Who knows, maybe you people will want to go back...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Arriving Thursday, leaving Thursday...

Steve & Pat from Kokomo IN Cabin 18
Mark & Fran from Jamestown PA Cabin 19

Can't wait! Fran and I plan to host a pizza and ice cream social on Sunday evening.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Age of Steam Round House has just offered a tour for Saturday at 9:00 AM. If there is any interest for this we need to reserve tickets now. Price is $75. Tours are limited, so the quicker the reply the better. I only bring this up because we will be in the area, so I can amend my tour route. This is the first time I ever seen them offer tours on a monthly basis.

Ferroequinologist Tours – Age of Steam Roundhouse

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's expensive and 3 hours long. If it were on another day, before or after the weekend, I might be interested, but on Saturday, I'd prefer to ride. But thanks, Guba, for making everybody aware of the opportunity. Maybe others who are more interested in railroad than I am, would like to do that.

Reactions: RLJohnson

·
Premium Member
85,86,87 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,729 Posts
Thanks for finding that Guba. I'm pretty much in the same boat as flitecontrol. A penny pincher as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Reactions: Emil

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ride a Honda Rebel and HD Trike. Always have a Harley to ride with the big dogs.
I think you have a wide choice of bikes, from what I've seen! Riding a trike is a lot of fun, in an entirely different way!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I might have to take the Trike to the May event. I am very sorry. I know it's a Rebel event but I won't be able to ride the Rebel for a few more months. It's either that or I can't come. I should be able to take the Rebel in August ride. Let me know if that is an issue.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts