Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, I wanted to find out if anyone knows or has successfully changed their analog gauges to digital? I’ve read that digital gauges have a fuel indicator and some people use it for the oil instead. Any info/feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I havent done it yet but when I rebuild my 450 (completely apart right now) I plan to replace my speedo/indicator lights with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DTE94SI/?coliid=I3QX59ZAOCDYA5&colid=3UEJNABUQ9540&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it Its a little pricy but its the best looking indicator light/tach/speedo gauge I could find. I already wired a digital tach which was easy; one wire to ignition coil, one to power, one ground. the procedure for installing an aftermarket gauge like the one I listed is relatively simple. use a multimeter and fiddle with switches to figure out the lights (or wiring diagram if youre good at reading those) and for the speedo it comes with a digital speed sensor. Ive heard that people who installed that gauge needed a signal filter for the tach because its analog (would jump around instead of smooth). and as far as the fuel gauge, your trip odometer is your fuel gauge... IMO not worth the hassle to install (ive heard many cheap ones are inaccurate as well). I usually fill my 250 between 130 and 150 miles to be safe, resetting the trip odo when I fill. Not sure why/how one would use fuel gauge as a dipstick as the dipstick is so easily accessible. just check your oil before every ride and you'll be fine; its a good habit to form. hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts