Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Rebel 250
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Studs are illegal where i am. i am able to make concepts etc of it luckily though and i can hire a welder (dont worry, im not stupid and i know to use wheels rated for high speed)

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,674 Posts
If it was the post I'm thinking of that was a one off trike project..
skids left and right might be interesting with ability throw sparks..

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
You must be a different state than I am. In Ohio studded tires are allowed from November 3rd to April 15th, but I've never used them on my motorcycles. Both of my cars have them on now.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I sent you a private message about 2 weeks ago with pictures of the trike I made for my 450.
Here are some pictures and how it came about.
Also the lay out I did of the frame I built for my bike in the 1st picture.
I bought this bike for $350.00. It was a mess. It had sat outside for a couple of years, I took it all apart and rebuilt the motor and and cleaned up the frame and painted it and did new brakes both front and rear and tires. A friend of mine painted the tank and fenders after I striped them and sealed the tank with coswell sealer!
I was a certified welder when I was younger. I still do some welding when I want to build something out of metal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
From what I can see, it looks like you've got the rear axles lined up well. That's always a good thing, especially if you're taking the turnpike. If the two axles are not lined up, they charge you for a third axle and you actually pay more than a car to ride on the turnpike! I know it doesn't make sense, but they do it that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts