Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not, mods feel free to move to a more appropriate forum if needed...
Looking for a replacement seat for my 2000 Rebel 250. I ALWAYS ride alone, will never have a passenger, so I'm looking for the absolute most comfortable solo seat available if there is such a thing. All I've found so far are basically the same as the factory rider +1 seats, with the Corbin looking to be the most comfortable, also the most expensive not surprisingly...
Has anyone found a big comfy solo seat for their rebel? I'm a big guy and need to use some of that space taken up by the sissy seat... Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
29,127 Posts
Member wilson in tenn puts a much larger seat from a bigger bike on his Rebels. Think it requires drilling holes in the fender to mount it, but it looks comfy and he confirms it is. Think it also allows the rider to move farther back, which can be a good thing. Send Guba a PM and see if he remembers what bike the seat is from, or can find out. wilson in tenn doesn't stop by here often so contacting Guba may be your best bet.

·
Super Moderator
29,127 Posts
We'll be seeing wilson in tenn (Jim Wilson) at the Ohio rally in August. If we don't find out before then, we can ask him.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Hi Randy, got a notification to my email that you tried to PM me. My PM box is full from when I used to be a mod here...

Flite got your PM.

The seat Wilson used was from a Suzuki Boulevard C50.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! They do look much more comfortable. Now I just have to figure out how to mount it, no small task for a mechanical idiot like me....

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Wilson just positioned the seat in place and used the seat bracket as a drill guide. Two small holes in the fender, not hard at all. The hard part would be making sure it's centered properly.

·
Super Moderator
29,127 Posts
crafty, may I suggest this as another alternative? Keeping the too soft stock foam isn't going to improve the ride. Spencer puts better foam in, and when I had mine done, about a decade ago, it only cost $75 for the best foam he offered. Shipping is extra. Spencers Seat Modifications - FAQ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh I forgot about Spencer. His prices are definitely lower, though it looks like Mean City has more options like using gel pads as well as foam and moving the seating position up/down and forward/backward. Honestly, not sure which is better, would be great to hear from someone who has had experience with both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts