Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 honda rebel 250
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm Shawn. I'm an amateur bike builder and carpenter.

In my garage I have a 2008 HD 1200C . It's a full stage 4. 91ci big bore kit, Cams, Lifters, Springs port and polished. Custom intake and exhaust. Shaved head high compression with a bluetooth plug and play fuel management system.

I just got given a 99 rebel 250. Been sitting for 4 years with about 8,000 miles on it. Ripped it apart cleaned everything flushed fluids. Started right up. Now to the build. Stripped to the frame. Converting to Monoshock. After that not sure.def sprockets, intake, exhaust.

I'm contemplating 2 options. Build my own fiberglass take and fenders or what about building them out of wood.? Black frame, black engine with tiger maple tank and fenders. Foot pegs and grips.
Give me your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
29,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Whatever you do, please document it with pictures so others can see. A wooden tank would certainly be different. Lining it with Caswell Epoxy Tank Sealer would keep the gas off the inside wooden surface.

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
We had a monoshock build a few years ago - do a search for it - might give some ideas.

·
Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
99 honda rebel 250
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always enjoy the ride. 365 days a year. Put almost 20,000 on my HD in 1 year and a half

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
Here's that thread where that member did a monoshock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts