1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Honda rebel 450
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I'm having some problems however.

So I've checked for resistance and continuity(or where there shouldn't be any) in the pulse generator, stator, ignition coil, CDI and voltage regulator and everything checks out to be fine but yet I'm still not getting any spark. BUT I'm getting power to the CDI, which kinda bogles my mind. Any help, or direction on what to look at would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,594 Posts
Welcome to the forum

sounds like your CDI has gone bad.... no way to test, only replacement.
2nd generation CDI can be adapted to work..

·
Registered
1986 Honda rebel 450
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum

sounds like your CDI has gone bad.... no way to test, only replacement.
2nd generation CDI can be adapted to work..
2nd gen 250 cdi? Also will a second generation cdi from a 250 work and run a 450 properly?

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,594 Posts
it is my understanding the 250 cdi won't work on the 450..
the good news is Jack has new cdi, not sure what aftermarket part he has found that works..

Reactions: DarrienO

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts
2nd gen 250 cdi? Also will a second generation cdi from a 250 work and run a 450 properly?
Welcome to the forum.

Since there are relatively few 450's compared to the number of 250's, many readers, myself included, would assume you were referring to a 250 since you didn't specify the model you were asking about. If you create a signature that contains that information, it will appear with every post and folks will know what bike you are referring to. Here's how to make a signature: How to make a Signature | Honda Rebel Forum

·
Registered
1986 Honda rebel 450
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum.

Since there are relatively few 450's compared to the number of 250's, many readers, myself included, would assume you were referring to a 250 since you didn't specify the model you were asking about. If you create a signature that contains that information, it will appear with every post and folks will know what bike you are referring to. Here's how to make a signature: How to make a Signature | Honda Rebel Forum
Ahhhhhh okay. Sorry I thought I had added that to the title but it left out the 450 part. Thx!

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts
If I had looked at the title closer, I probably would have figured that out. I'm guessing there are a limited number of letters the program will accept in a title. You probably typed 450, but hit the maximum at 4, so it cut it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts