Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
3261 - 3277 of 3277 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,261 ·
Oh well that makes a lot of sense, perhaps the seller (a.k.a. dealer) thinks having two totally different kinds of tires qualifies it as a dual sport!
Why not, the seller already things it's a red scooter cloned from a Grom, might as well throw dual sport into the mix of what it's not.

·
Banned
765 Posts
I used to have a rat bike I built out of a 1980 Suzuki GS450L. It was pretty well beat up when I bought it for $700, but it was mostly stock, and a good runner. That was my first bike after my divorce and buying my current house. I rode it to work for over 5 years. The gas tank sprung a leak (rust) so I removed it and made a new one out of a 2 gallon compressed air tank mounted on a cobbled together luggage rack. I replaced the seat with one that came off some kind of playground equipment. I put car glasspacks on it. It was a combination of rust and faded flat black. I finally sold it to a coworker for $200. I actually like that Suzuki, but not $3500 worthI thought about buying a ratty Rebel and building a rat bike out of it, but I have way too many projects going already.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This one kills me, because I actually want that bike. looks like a sweet cherry red '80 Honda CM400 TWIN. obviously I can't get involved in this domestic issue. all I need is hubby to come searching for his pride and joy.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/tucson-1980-honda/6843928768.html

Husband left for milk and hasn't been back for a couple weeks. Left me with no money and didn't pay rent. So decided to sell his pride and joy to make the rent. I have no idea what he did with title but you can get a duplicate one at DMV. It has 4700 miles and runs great. It does have a flat tire.. If interested text or call xxxxxxxxxxxx. Need it gone asap.

Reactions: Fridgitator

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
Being as this was originally posted 8/25/12, I think it's a little late to ask.;)

3261 - 3277 of 3277 Posts