Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
3241 - 3260 of 3271 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Minus 20 c and snowy up here in Ontario. Sigh. I could go for a Vegas winter right now. I was in Florida for Xmas a few years back, everyone was in winter coats, I went swimming!

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
I ride in the winter ONLY if:
1.The roads are clean and dry and:
2.the temperature is at or above freezing
Some years I get to ride at least once in every month, but that's pretty rare. Very often the roads are either icy or wet and salty. Salt water will rapidly destroy a motorcycle, or at least corrode the aluminum so badly that it looks like it has sat out in the weather for 30 years.

·
Registered
750 Posts
They don't call 'em Hardly Ableson for nothin'.

I saw dozens of 'em yesterday, and the temp was 49 degrees....too cold for me in my eighties, I have become a wuss for sure...

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,244 · (Edited)
I could go for a Vegas winter right now.
It finally dropped below 70° yesterday...mostly because the cloud coverage blocked out the sun. I had to dust off my denim jacket. :D

Salt water will rapidly destroy a motorcycle, or at least corrode the aluminum so badly that it looks like it has sat out in the weather for 30 years.
Oddly enough bikes from the US East/NE coast tend to look the same way without riding them in the winter.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The sunroof for my Kawasaki rebel is on back-order :lol2:

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,246 ·
Is that sunroof for a Kawasaki Shadow, Intruder, or V-Star? Some of those Fire & Steel in-house goods tend to be more readily available for certain models. ;)

·
Super Moderator
31,332 Posts
I'm not sure this seller has any idea what their Rebel is worth, but I've paid $100's less for bikes in much better shape. And the "custom" paint appears to be OEM.

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/mcy/d/update-price-down-to-1400/6427713616.html

Update price down to $1,400 Rebel - $1400 (Mena)

2003 rebel condition: good engine displacement (CC): 234 fuel: gas odometer: 9300 paint color: custom title status: clean transmission: manual

Hate to see useless. It was so beautiful before. Need wash bad. I don't want to start it because it'll need remove fuel tank for cleaning. Very dirt inside tank see in picture. Not start since 2014. If u want look at it then let me know. Reply me at mail or text me at show contact info
. Sorry call voice will not work. Area code within or around in 479 will be answer. $1,400. Thank for looking

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,250 ·
Pearl Heron Blue was a custom paint for 2003 --- the other "custom" choice that year was black. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,251 ·
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-rebel-250-bobber/6701345622.html

honda rebel 250 bobber - $1999 (scooter_scooter HONDA GROM CLONE)

250CC MANUAL MOTORCYCLE

scooter_scooter
everything works
runs great
fully serviced....
has a 30 day plate and warranty
blackjack mopeds
6380 s eastern ave ste4 89119
So what is it, a motorcycle or a scooter? Oh, wait...it's a GROM CLONE! That's right folks, a bike that was in production from 1985-2016 is a clone of a bike that just came out in 2016! Yes, Honda waited until the final production year of the bike to GO BACK IN TIME and clone the new model that came out at half its size!

Yeah, I bet that full service was done by an equally qualified buffoon.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Them Honda Grom clones are getting pretty rare these days.

·
Super Moderator
31,332 Posts
Well, either the dealer or I am color blind. Ad says it's red, but looks blue to me. It ticks me off when dealers post their wares in the "by owner" only section.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,254 ·
I am almost tempted to call and find out the year, and go down there to offer half on the premise of they don't even know what they're selling.

Not that I'm interested in a bike with sawzall'd mufflers and a ridiculously tall sissy bar without a pillion. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-rebel-250-bobber/6701345622.html

So what is it, a motorcycle or a scooter? Oh, wait...it's a GROM CLONE! That's right folks, a bike that was in production from 1985-2016 is a clone of a bike that just came out in 2016! Yes, Honda waited until the final production year of the bike to GO BACK IN TIME and clone the new model that came out at half its size!

Yeah, I bet that full service was done by an equally qualified buffoon.
Why does it have a dirt bike/off road tire mounted on the front and a regular street/cruiser tire mounted on the back?

·
Super Moderator
31,332 Posts
Better traction for the front wheel drive feature. :rolleyes::grin2:

Reactions: kryton

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
right! knobby on front, street tire on back averages out to the best of all worlds somehow

3241 - 3260 of 3271 Posts