Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
3221 - 3240 of 3271 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
In my view, the price is absurdly high...For another few grand, one could buy a new Slingshot side-by-side Trike....
Price is definitely high, but that's what happens when you post on craigslist while under the influence.

Reactions: Bokobob

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,222 ·
In my view, the price is absurdly high...For another few grand, one could buy a new Slingshot side-by-side car....
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Seriously, my 93 Toyota truck is dwarfed by those Slingshots in both length and width. I wager if I cut my roof & windshield off it would also be shorter in that dimension too...so I have a tough time calling something that is physically larger than my truck a "motorcycle" despite the fact that Polaris shanghaied every state into classifying it as a motorcycle, but then again I don't give lawmakers a lot of credit either. :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
the states got convinced that crossovers are trucks and not station wagons, thus not subject to the fuel economy rules...

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,224 ·
Ah, so that means the base models come with no rear bumper?

Reactions: kryton

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
Found another one...

1967 Cadillac Deville convertible parts. No motor or trans, been sitting for ages. Some good parts left (convertible top frame, misc. chrome trim, dash accessories, wiper arm, parking lights, grill, bumpers, etc.).

Parting out in place right now, call with needs. Will sell whole car in the spring when the ground is thawed.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,226 ·
That was the stunt car used by Steve Martin's/John Candy's doubles in Planes Trains & Automobiles.

Reactions: kryton

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
This scammer posts all over craigslist, but his lack of mastery of the English language is amusing at times. The giveaway is no matter what brand of bike he's supposedly selling, all of them are listed as a 2007 Kawasaki with automatic transmission.

"4 Speed Automatic Transmission Honda Cbr 500 - $4800

2007 Kawasaki
fuel: gas
transmission: automatic

Now is your chance to be the proud owner of a 16 Honda Cbr 500 made up of almost all of the original components. Recently rebuilt motor and transmission. Comes with title and up-to-date registration. Selling it for 4800."

And another:

Excellent Condition 05 Suzuki Sv650 - $5550

2007 Kawasaki
fuel: gas
transmission: automatic

On the market is a very clean, low mileage Sv650. The motor bike just has 1,100 mi. on the clock. Very well maintained, synthetic oil on the 3 holes, new tires and plenty of chromes. It has the stock saddle bags. I'm the 2nd owner, the 1st owner is actually a close friend, and I was with him when we purchased it new from the dealership, and so I know the history of the bike from the beginning. I simply don't have enough time to ride, that is why I am trying to sell it. Asking 5550, good offer can be considered. Test ride, only when I have the money in hand.

Not sure what the 3 holes are, but the SV650 doesn't come with saddlebags or any chrome.

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
And more from the same Bozo but all for Rebels at exorbitant prices:

1300 mileage fantastic Honda Rebel 250 - $5350

2007 Kawasaki fuel: gas transmission: automatic

Great Shape - Second Owner - 1300 miles - Meticulously taken care of!

This bike is amazing. It glides on dirt roads, cruises smoothly at fast speed, and can even take on some tracks. This is an excellent option if you are looking for a turn key action bike but want to save a huge amount of cash in the process.

This is not a show bike, but it looks great and it fires right away. I am advertising it because I am moving to a new place.

For Sale From Original Owner - Honda Rebel w/ 1,100 Mileage - $5850

2009 Honda Rebel. The vehicle is designed for your comfort. The seat is made of an incredibly comfy fabric so as to avoid discomfort while driving. The vehicle has no issues or scratches. Selling for 5850.

Dynamic and Reliable Honda Rebel - Nicely Taken care of - Low Mileage - $4850

'09 Honda up for sale and runs like new. New bars installed for an interesting, competitive style. Taken care of meticulously and storage kept all its life. Scheduled servicing is completed regularly and it is all set to go. Will sell with stock handle bars and mirrors if you'd like them.

Serious queries only, do not ask me to contact you or a friend. No, I won't ship it, and no, I won't give you personal data. Absolutely no paypal. Cash payment only. In-person deal / transfers only.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,229 · (Edited)
That same chucklehead posts CL listings here as well. Ever since you mentioned it the first time around about the 2007 Kawasaki/auto tranny bit everything I started noticing them.

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
I suspect he's paid by the number of emails he sells from the unfortunate who follow up on the "ad". Or, he could just be a jerk with nothing better to do than yank folks' chains.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,231 ·
I suspect he's paid by the number of emails he sells from the unfortunate who follow up on the "ad". Or, he could just be a jerk with nothing better to do than yank folks' chains.
Well, mom's basement can be a cozy place to live if one is completely useless.

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
Now he's selling Rebels wanted by the law (warrant)! >:)

Pre-owned Honda Rebel - $3900

Trying to sell my Honda Rebel. I've two ignition keys available, along with the manual and lots of more features. Also has a warrant. Hoping to sell it for 3900.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,233 ·
Unless it's a modern 300/500 Not-model, or even if it was a legitimate 250 ad, I don't foresee the masses lining up for this one at $3900...

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
The new Kawasaki Rebels with automatic transmission have arrived here - $4550 - I put in an order as soon as I saw it.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,235 ·
But...they're not new, they're 07 models. How come we're just now seeing them for the first time in ten years?!?

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,237 ·
Don't you dare get blasphemous with the Rebel name by associating it with Harley Davidson sales tactics. I'm pretty sure there are rules about that, and if I have to explain them to you, you probably wouldn't understand. :D

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
I come from an area where 9.9 out of 10 bikes on the road are HD - so I will never understand that. :)

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,239 ·
Well I come from an area where 9.9 out of 10 bikes in GARAGES are Harleys. This is the land of fair weather riders, despite the fact that anyone from up north --- meaning as close as six hours north --- would have no qualms riding year round here.

I probably need an explanation. ;)

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
Occasionally I see the guy riding his bike this time of year - it may or may not be snowing. Maybe his regular ride is broke down and he has to get to work. I like to think that he is suffering the consequences of a long and drawn out justification with his wife on why he should buy a Harley and how much use he will get out of it.

3221 - 3240 of 3271 Posts