Honda Rebel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How To Change/Update Avatar

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “account settings” from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page.

Once you click on your avatar, then click to choose your file.

Make sure to click “okay” afterward.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
30,191 Posts
It would be hard for me to overstate how important it is that we be able to tag posts and find tagged posts easily. It's how I locate specific knowledge that has been accumulated over the years without having to reinvent the wheel every time a new member poses a question that has been answered many times before. It would have been nice if, before implementing the changes, administration had asked what features are important before doing away with them. If there isn't a way to easily do a tag search, and I'm not aware of one, I'm gone.

So with the upgraded, improved, faster, safer, more secure forum changes, it now takes twice as long (two clicks versus one) to get to the latest post in a thread. That's real improvement.

·
Administrator
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts

This is a great option for those times when you want to save a thread to come back to later. At the bottom of the post, you will see “save”. Click on it.

Once you click on it you can add any notes to remind yourself and then simply click to save.

When you are ready to find the saved bookmarks again later, from the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “bookmarks”.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
30,191 Posts
There is still a way to search tags. It is just not a feature within posts that I am seeing yet.

- Cricket
So how do I search tags other than coming back to your post and clicking on the link? Where is it on the forum now???

·
Super Moderator
30,191 Posts
Where are my PMs from before the switch??????

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
So how do I search tags other than coming back to your post and clicking on the link? Where is it on the forum now???
You can create a bookmark for that link - Search tags

right click on the link above - copy link address - use that to make a new entry in your browser favorites, or desktop shortcuts, however you prefer to do those things

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still no change in the banner! How could this be so difficult? The bikes featured are not first or second generation Rebels. How could this oversight occur? Is the forum designer being paid to promote the newest Honda liquid cooled high tech machines??? Get it together please.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
if it was just one guy it would happen sooner, but it isn't

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Love the new banner!

Is the web site still owned by MC.com?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
nope. mc.com is gone. the new company is top rate!

·
Super Moderator
30,191 Posts
Then why this "Hondarebelforum Team To Motorcycle.com"?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
They were purchased by their parent company but kept the name. I thought it was more recent but was quite a few years ago. Regardless, the quality of their product has improved dramatically.

·
Super Moderator
30,191 Posts
We can agree to disagree.

Reactions: 01-7700

·
Administrator
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Okay y'all, still the same company, just different divisions of it. :)

- Cricket

21 - 40 of 46 Posts