Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Thanks! Does that just bolt to the normal Rebel mounting bracket? It appears as though it does. Does it throw a good beam? Fcmoto has them too. Although I'm having a struggle copying the link.
It's also cool that it has a parking light! I'd change both out for LEDs to conserve the little power that the 250 has.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
This just came back from the machinist. By spring the kickstarter should be installed & functional! The shop did a good job, although it cost $70 to get it professionally done, I think it is worth it.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Silver Motor vehicle

They centered it well.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
That looks good and with a stock seal should do well. Having seen that i'm much more tempted to try it myself now.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I bought this extra cover on the internet, so that if something goes wrong, I still have my original.

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Guess what arrived today! My next mod Project!
"Kickstarter"
I don't know if I can get it done before the rally. Too much to do, but, I'll try.
Update! The internal pinion gear that I bought (CM185) has 27 teeth. It is way to large to fit. The info on bikebandit.com says that it is supposed to have only 21 teeth for the CM200. I'm going to search for that gear. If I get it installed, I'll definitely show pics!

Reactions: 01-7700

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Hello all.
Today I figured it was a nice enough day I would finally install the kickstarter. I finally have the right gearing, I have the new cover bored out, I have all the parts I need...
WRONG!😖😡 No way to blame anybody but myself.
As many times as we've discussed the Rebels having two different designs for the clutch pushrod system, I forgot this detail when ordering the new cover. BANG HEAD!:facepalm: I had it bored out and ready to go for the kickstart, only to find it's the wrong cover. I'm probably going to be putting this up for sale on the classifieds if somebody wants it, but 1st, I need to check the design of my other 2 Rebels to see if it'll fit 1 of them.
The good news is that all of the mechanical parts fit perfectly!
I just ordered the correct cover, so... by Spring (again I say), it should be functional. We'll see.

On a positive note, two weeks ago I installed a very nice air horn system.
Very LOUD! I posted this on another thread, but being as this is my comfort mod post, I figured I'd put it here too.
It is a Custom Dynamics Mini Beast. 136dB nice, with dual tone.
Because it draws a lot of power, I had to run it thru a relay to protect the horn wires & switch. Since the usage is never continuous, this shouldn't cause any major issues.
RIDE SAFE!

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts