Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Wondering if anyone has some troubleshooting ideas for me. I'm trying to fix a friend's turn signals on an '87 cmx450. Bulbs are good and bulb sockets have power going to them. All the signal housings are grounded except for the front right.

Right now, only the left side signals are working. Originally, the rear left signal wasn't either. At some point in opening up wiring connections under the seat to check for power (before realizing I could just do that at the bulb sockets), I must have touched something that provided (for now anyways) the connection that bulbs needs.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
29,308 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

On the Rebel 250, if a bulb on one side isn't working, the other on that side will be constant on when the turn signal is activated, and neither one will flash. Have you checked all the bulbs to be sure they're good?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

All bulbs work, i tested them on the front left signal that hasnt had any issues.

None of the bulbs have stayed constantly on. When i engage the signal switch and test inside the socket, the tester will flash for all signals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any chance a blown 'indicator' bulb in the gauge cluster for the right side would cause this? Do you know if that bulb is good?

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Sometimes the wire under the dash for the turn signal will work it's way loose and just needs to be put back in the connector or is still in the connector but is not making contact. To check, you need to remove the speedometer cable from the back of speedometer and remove the 2 bolts at the bottom of the speedometer
just above the light cluster on the handle bars. It will lift off the handle bars, but sometimes it takes some wiggling to get it off. It doesn't come very far off but enough to see all the turn signal wires coming up under the handle bars and going to the turn signals. Be sure to check all the connections.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts