Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
There is/was a 250 Honda Nighthawk. Same engine as the Rebel (along with other parts) but the Nighthawk is a standard the Rebel a crusier. Different seating, foot pegs and body parts.

·
Premium Member
17,769 Posts
The CMX250 is the Rebel.
The CM250 was called the Custom
The CB250 was the NightHawk.
They all used the same basic engine.
There are differences in the frame, ergonomics, trim, and so forth.

·
Premium Member
17,769 Posts
Just full model number as used by Honda.
The full model number of the 49 state Rebel of any year is CMX250C.
The California models are CMX250CL.
THE '86 Rebel Limited (Special Edition or Deluxe) Is CMX250CD

·
Registered
1985 cmx250
59 Posts
I was looking for gasket sets on eBay. One item says it fits 85-99 cmx250 but doesn't fit cmx250c type. Not sure what that means.

·
Super Moderator
31,738 Posts
It means the seller doesn't understand Honda model nomenclature. The Rebel 250, CMX250, CMX250C, and CMX250C A are one and the same for non-California North American bikes. The full model number for California Rebels is CMX250C AC.

That gasket set should also fit the 2000-2016 Rebel 250 (CMX250C A and CMX250C AC) model years.

·
Super Moderator
31,738 Posts
Let the seller know it doesn't fit. May want to file a complaint with ebay if the seller doesn't offer a refund.

·
Registered
1985 cmx250
59 Posts
No worries. I just filed the dowel pin holes wider to fit over dowel pins. Seemed to work fine and got it all back together. Started and ran fine. Sputters a lil but plugs are from 1985. So hopefully I can get new ones and fix the problem. Then again it may just need to be ran. But am able to ride it now so yay. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
85,86,87 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,702 Posts
I know that naming letters on motorcycles have specific meanings. Lately I've been pondering the lettering scheme of the Honda CMX & it's meaning?
Does C= classic M= motorcycle X= something extra.
C generally means classic
I am aware that the X generally just means something added from previous versions.
Thoughts appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
31,738 Posts
Interesting question. My research indicates that apparently Honda has never explained its Rebel nomenclature, so I doubt there is anything definitive about it. The Rebel is a direct descendent of the CM model series, so your supposition about the X in its name could be correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.