Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum but not new to motorcycles/maintenance.
I stumbled across a 1982 Rebel cm250c and picked it up for my lady.
It's got 6k original miles and in reaally good shape.
Only issue I have is the PO removed the original air cleaner (part#2 in diagram) that would have the foam cover (part#3) annnd I can't seem to find a replacement for part number 2.

Are there any solutions to this? I'm tempted to just go find a standard air cleaner that's similarly sized and make it work.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
It looks like a CMX250 air filter. Have you checked to see if a Reb air filter will fit?

·
Registered
210 Posts
1985 was the first year the CMX250C Rebel was available. If you have an '82 CM250C then that is the precursor to the first generation of Rebels. There were all sorts of variants -- especially North American and European market models. '82 &'84 models were chain driven, but the '83 models were belt driven. Corrosion was a real issue with these models and the front disc brake was subject to seizing because of this. I don't know what your chances are to replace the air cleaner with an original with the exception of finding a parts bike out there somewhere. Best of Luck, and welcome to you and your lady.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an 82' CM250C.. figured it was a rebel based off the cm250.

Buuuut yeah, parts bike was where I was headed. Seems like a heavy task for just an air filter -___-

·
Super Moderator
29,310 Posts
You could go to cheapcycleparts.com and look up the part number for both the cm250 and 1985-87 cmx250. If they are the same, then either one would fit. If they aren't, the cmx250 still might work since Honda has the habit of changing the part number for the same part when they use it in a different model.

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts

Buuuut yeah, parts bike was where I was headed. Seems like a heavy task for just an air filter -___-
I have one of those metal air filter cores from a first generation rebel - could be yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have one of those metal air filter cores from a first generation rebel - could be yours.
Would you send me some dimensions? If it'll fit I'll take it!

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts
Here are the specs

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I recently picked up a new foam filter element from the local Honda dealer. PT #17213-KR3-000. $8.73 plus tax. Jacks also carries them if you need one for that core.

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts
OP has disappeared

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry about the disappearance, ii was out of town for work for a bit..
Thanks for the dims, but it seems the air box hole that I'm working with is a bit oblong? Does anybody have experience or any idea what I'm working with here?

·
Super Moderator
29,310 Posts
Which hole are you referring to?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
As long as the rubber boot is connected properly to the air box and carb, I wouldn't worry about it unless you see cracks in the side of the boot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts