Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys. I rewired my whole 86 rebel CMX450C and cannot get it to start. It wants to turn over but does not catch. I did not wire the clutch switch or the neutral switch at all. Will this keep my bike from starting even in neutral? Another thing when I put my bike in gear it won’t start even if I put the clutch in or not. With the bike in gear it will not make any noise like it’s dead. But in neutral it acts like the kill switch is on with the sound of it turning over but not starting but I did not wire in a Killswitch could that be a problem? Please help

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
if you did not wire in a kill switch how are you completing the circuit where the switch did previously?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I didn’t realize the kill switch is wired to my CDI box for my ignition coils but figured that my new toggle switch for my ignition would kill the engine just like my key ignition would. So I’m going to have to wire The black and white wire that went to my kill switch to something to complete the circuit?

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
i don't have a wiring diagram for the 450 but if those are the wires, yep they need to be connected

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
that link appears to have vanished

·
Super Moderator
29,464 Posts
Yes, it did. Wonder where it went? If anyone has a copy of the 450 wiring diagram, please post it and we'll stick it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts