Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 Rebel CMX250C
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 RebelCMX250. I have adjusted the clutch to where I like it, but seems to not have any spring to take up the freeplay. Is there a return spring within the clutch housing? If not where is it? The free play just loose.

Also new throttle cables. Is the spring on the accelerator pump the only thing to make the cables to return home.

What is the best method and chemical to restore the aluminum that should be shining?

I was considering using my dremel tool with 0000 steel wool wrapped on wheel to start with and then follow up with a series of polishes. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
How much clutch lever freeplay is there? Manual calls for 3/8"-3/4". Springs are internal.

The throttle cables are push/pull and the spring is behind the wheel where the lower cable ends attach. There should be 2-6mm of freeplay in the throttle. Fine cable adjustment is at the upper end of the cable and coarse near lower.

The engine comes from the factory with a fuel resistant clear coat. If you want to polish the aluminum, you'll need to remove it first. Good grade of aircraft stripper (Rustoleum brand doesn't work) can be applied and the coating wiped off (follow directions), or abrasive can be used. Aircraft stripper can remove paint, so mask painted parts. Once the the aluminum has been polished, it will need to be polished periodically thereafter unless a clear coat is re-applied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts