Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have small hands and was wondering if I can adjust the Clutch and Brake Lever (I hope I used the correct terminnology). I wanted to pull it a bit closer so I don't have to always reach out for the brakes or clutch.

I checked the User's Manual but did not find an instruction...so if you have some instructions with images I will appreciate it.

I apologize if I used the wrong terms. Newbie here.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Correct terminology, the problem is the levers aren't adjustable that way.

Some folks have bent them a touch but I've never seen it done.
Kawasaki had an adjustable lever setup but I don't know of anyony adapting them to the Rebel

·
Super Moderator
29,135 Posts
There is a limited amount of adjustment with the OEM levers. You may need to find some adjustable levers to fit your hands. This is what I found with a quick search: adjustable levers motorcycle - Google Search

Didn't see any for a Rebel, but suppose you could get a set for another bike that has 7/8" bars and be OK. Might also require different cable ends and possibly master cylinder. Never done it, so not sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. So i guess it's not that simple.

Anyway, I can get by with my current setup. Hopefully I will be able to adjust as time goes by.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Talked to a manufacturer awhile back and was told a new master cylinder would be required.
Also on my first try the cast lever material snapped when I heated it up and tried to bend it.
Looking for ideas.

I run a small motorcycle training school in northeast IL (Chicago Motorcycle Training - LRN2RYD) and for some of my more height challenged riders the Rebels is too big. 2 major problem areas come up.
1 - Reach to the levers - hard to do with small hands.
2 - Reach to the ground - had a rider yesterday on her tip toes and the reach to the forward mounted controls is literally a stretch.

Any feedback on either area is appreciated. Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts