Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a handlebar mounted clock for the Rebel many years ago from an outfit with the same name as this thread. Rode through a hurricane turned tropical storm with it, and never had a problem. IIRC, the mechanism was Japanese made. Unfortunately, they went out of business due to competition from Chinese made clocks, and my clock finally died. Been looking on the 'net, and have found several that don't come with a battery. Contacted a couple of those sellers and asked what size battery it took. They didn't know!!! Tells you a lot about the seller and the product.

Found some that seem to be marketed for "lifestyle bike riders", but I won't buy a product that describes itself as "badass".

Anyone know of a handlebar mounted clock that won't break the bank, fits the Rebel, doesn't require a new battery more than annually, and is reliable?

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
112 Posts
I haven't bought it yet, but I've been looking at this one. Does time, batt voltage, and temp, and $10 is worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
I won't buy a product that describes itself as "badass".
LMAO
as a collector of antique brass lamps I have the same feeling about items described as "Steam Punk"

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't bought it yet, but I've been looking at this one. Does time, batt voltage, and temp, and $10 is worth a try.
Inexpensive enough, but has to be wired in, which is a no-go for me. Just want a dependable, battery operated clock.

·
Registered
86 and 05 rebel 250s
114 Posts
My shadow came with a clock and temp gauge that work really well and just mount to the bars using a single set screw. They are white faced so I ordered black faced ones to match the rebels speedo and they will be here this week.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
found these

·
Registered
86 and 05 rebel 250s
114 Posts
found these

The bottom ones are what were on my shadow and ones I ordered for the rebel

·
Registered
2005 CMX250
91 Posts
I had one of those for 2 years. It was still going strong when I sold the bike.

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I ordered one.

·
Registered
'09 Rebel, '19 Baja Pulsar 180, '04 Hardley XL 883 Sportster
63 Posts
Inexpensive enough, but has to be wired in, which is a no-go for me. Just want a dependable, battery operated clock.
I just got a $12 watch, removed the band and used velcro to put it on a metal strip previous owned had put installed at the handlebar mount bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts