Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am on the hunt for a 250. I have never sat on one, but all my research has me wanting one for my first bike.

Can someone tell me what the chrome endcap thingy is on the grips? I see some bikes without it, why are they removed/gone?

Thank you

Super Moderator
Those are weights to dampen vibration on the ends of the handlebars.

Super Moderator
Those are handlebar end weights. They absorb some of the vibration in the handlebars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Ah! Wow, I was quick to guess they were some sort of protector if the bike was dropped!

If I dont see a bike with these, is that a sign to avoid or just that I may have to redo the handle bars and grips if I want to get back to original configuration?

Thanks in advance

Registered
1987 CMX250C
Got my 87 nearly 20 years ago without weights.. haven't gotten around to replacing them in all this time.. Long rides my hands go numb from the vibration though..

most often I think the screw holding them in loosens causing one side to fall off and owners remove the other side.. supposition on my part..

There is an assembly that fits inside handlebar tube that weights attach to.. seldom does the this assembly come out without force.. aftermarket weights can be found on eBay or check out the online oem parts dealers..

Reactions: kezug
1 - 5 of 5 Posts