Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Rebel 250 1996 second gen
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Since I didn't have many problems with my rebel, yesterday the CDI stopped working correctly... So I am looking for an aftermarket CDI that works well with the second gen 250 rebel! Any ideas? I have seen a post here with a generic racing CDI that worked well on the rebel but since my engine is fresh out of a rebuild I am trying to find something good that will make it work well! Anyone that has a tested solution? Thanks

· Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,762 Posts
From the Amazon feedback i've read some have found a need to reverse the Exciter & Kill Switch terminals within the 2 wire terminal connector before cdi will work.
The pins are rather easy to remove and reinsert into the connector if swapping wire location is needed.

You may find a EU source by searching internet for "IHA6008 CDI"

Red/Black & Black/White circuits are the two that may need to be reversed..

· Registered
1987 cmx450c,1976 BMW 75/6
20 Posts
Hello guys! Since I didn't have many problems with my rebel, yesterday the CDI stopped working correctly... So I am looking for an aftermarket CDI that works well with the second gen 250 rebel! Any ideas? I have seen a post here with a generic racing CDI that worked well on the rebel but since my engine is fresh out of a rebuild I am trying to find something good that will make it work well! Anyone that has a tested solution? Thanks
contact Jacks Motorcycle Shop He is in Florida,got a new CDI for 87 450 rebel 85 dollars ,good guy to talk to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts