· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cbr1000rr 09
Miles 20k
My bike won’t stay running I’ve changed the starter, rectifier
Going to change spark plugs soon and stator

this is how it goes
Start bikes fires right up cold start or Normal don’t matter i rev a little to wake it up.. then let go of throttle and it’s goes from 2k idle down to 1k then dies within 1 min of me starting the bike debating if I should take it back to the dealership but don’t wanna pay a arm and a leg for a small fix asking for help!!!!!!!! This is my friends bike that passed away previously from a motorcycle accident I’ve rebuilt this bike from ground up engine sounds soo perfect when I start it but never stays running I don’t have a idle screw bc it’s fuel injected done a lot of research and still can’t figure it out any ideas? Would gladly be helpful

· Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,806 Posts
Sorry about the loss of your friend.
Most of us are pretty good with the Honda Rebel 250, & even the 450.
This forum doesn't normally deal with 4 cylinder bikes but we'll try to help you out with what we can.
Another thought would be a blocked fuel filter.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t know where the petcock valve is located if your talking about under the gas tank which is connected to the hose it is good although I could use more gas other then that the fuel system should be fine I rode it the other day it was fine then I tried to ride it the next day wouldn’t stay running probably need more gas but i doubt it any news on what would make my bike die or low idie could it b low gas? Or something electrical

· Super Moderator
32,891 Posts
Rust in the tank possibly getting into the carb and low/old/bad gas are possibilities. Have you installed an inline fuel filter between the tank and carb(s)?

· Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,762 Posts
you might find an answer on 1000rr forum

• Helpful
Reactions: Emil
1 - 6 of 6 Posts