Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've had many motorcycles in my life I've never had a motorcycle that has lousier carburetors and everyone's talking about them on this website !
Is there a replacement set of carburetors that works on a 1987 Honda cmx 450 in California? So I can ride and not have to read how to fix my carburetor over and over...? My bike is absolutely beautiful but quite a lemon I wouldn't trust it to go to the beach and come home without bogging and crapping out somewhere along the ride and that's only 20 miles.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
There are many here who own 450s and do not consider them to be lemons.
I know ChicagoMetriX recently went from Chicago all the way down to Cave City KY on his for the Fall gathering down there. And rode back as well!
If everything is maintained properly and cared for well they can be great bikes!
To add: Jack at Jack's Rebel Warehouse has lots of helpful information, & if you call him he can help.

·
Super Moderator
32,773 Posts
Like all carbs, they must be clean for the engine to operate as it should. This isn't something peculiar to the Rebel 450. There are other carbs (Mikuni?) that will work on the 450; they can be found through a search here on the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts