Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,i have a 1983 cm 250t custom.I have the carbs dismantled and cleaned but i made the mistake of not taking note of where the main jets are positioned.Is there a difference in the main and secondary jet holes not sure if i explained this right but the jets are in the float bowls 2 off in each carb,just wondered if they have to go back in a particular way thanks for any help you can give me cheers.

·
Super Moderator
31,743 Posts
Welcome. Someone with more knowledge of your bike may weigh in shortly, but here are my thoughts. I'm pretty sure where the two jets are installed is critical. Looking at the carb diagram linked below, it appears the slow jet, number 30 in diagram, goes in front of or to the left of the main jet. 1983 Honda CM250C A CARBURETOR | Cheap Cycle Parts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply flitecontrol,the jets i mentioned are 28 and 29 in the diagram just wondered if the jet holes are the same diameter as they look very similar by eye, again thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts