Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to the forum. Just bought a 2009 Rebel 250 from a school. Starts as soon as you hit the starter. Runs for about 2 minutes, really good. Then it starts acting like it is flooding out. Putting out some smoke, and if you pull the plugs, they are wet. When it sarts that, it doesn't want to rev up. Answers?

·
Super Moderator
31,743 Posts
Welcome, neighbor. Is the choke (thumb lever on the left handlebar) all the way off (pushed away from the rider)? Some choke may be needed to get it started, but it should be gradually pushed off as the engine warms.

·
Super Moderator
31,743 Posts
If you don't mind making a trip to Monroe, I'd be glad to help you disassemble, clean in my ultrasonic cleaner, and put the carb back together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hold the mixture screw needle 💉 facing ⬆ up, insert spring first, then insert metal washer on top of spring, then lastly insert rubber o-ring on top of the metal washer (be sure to pay attention to the curved side of the metal washer to be facing upward to receive the rubber o-ring for better sitting contact) Now you are ready to screw them in the hole nice and easy—Some people insert o-ring to the bottom of the carb adjustment hole and have it seated before the needle and rest of stuff go in to tighten. Good luck!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts