Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got tired of the tweety horn. It's laughable! but I was running it because I had bought a car horn and put it on directly to the old horn wires. Too much drain on the system, so I had to go back tot he drawing board.

Should have realized early that I could have used a relay, and with this set-up I did. also made a unique mouting system so I have dual horns on either side of the down tube.

Here is a short video: http://lonestargrafix.web.officelive.com/horn.aspx

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey cagie! great vid. I foudn some high low tones at harbor frieght for 10 buck all chrome and I was going to post that soon same kind of set up. maybe you can help me find some decently priced front adn rear turn signals preferably clear lens. and a side mount lic plate frame with tail light for brake set up. Im looking to spend as little as possible. Any help you have would be greatly appreciated. I fixed my exhaust too hopefully I can get that posted tonight. I didnt chrome them yet I went with gloss black 500 deg paint for now. But it still looks wicked.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a round tail/brake light from autoparts place for $6 and made the bracket out of a piece of alum street sign (not stolen, piece was from the trash of a sign shop).

you have preference for turn sigs?

·
Registered
360 Posts
just about the same size as stock maybe small but round with the bullet shape you know? comes to a point on the other end. Everywhere I look it's for harley and it's stupid expensive like 140. a pair! and then Im not sure if the mounts will work with our bikes. I know the rear should just bolt on but i have the 2008 fronts and there attacked by a robber style c clamp and I havent seen anyone give dimentions of the light clamps they use for their fronts so I dont know if they will fit my forks? so if anyone already knows a straight forward heres where i got my sweet stuff from answer that would be great.

and how come there are no bike stores that are like a one size fits all custom shop with everything you want on teh shelves? I mean you walk into a checker that have peal and stick you name it's with tons of bolt on generic stuff and everywhere bike related I go to they whip out a catalog looking for brand specific apllication? Then some zip popper behind the counter says "oh they dont make that for a rebel". NO Duh genious they dont make forward controls but I have them. they dont make mirrors but i have them they dont make straight exhaust but I have them. Im looking for the raw materials let me figure out how to mount them you know? sheesh!

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose the reason there is very little generic stuff for motorcycles is because of HD taking up most of the market share of aftermarket parts. I mean you have that large of an audience why bother with anything else, right?

But really, we are starting to see more accessories for the Rebel because of the increase in gas prices and the interest in smaller cc, high gas mileage bikes are more in demand.

·
Registered
360 Posts
heres my horns!

Alright cagie I knew you were dying to see mine ever since I saw yours so here you go.

I'm sure I wired it the same as you with the switch as the relay trigger. I mounted the relay at the old horn mount with the ground wire right there and then ran two leads down to the horns. I paid ten bucks for these at harbor freight tools! ya I know. They are totally obnoxious! high/low tone blasters! It sounds like a midsized sadan. But hey their loud and that's all I really wanted. When I find a more manly biek horn I will let ya'll know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the chrome version. suggestion: maybe tack some screen over the opening to keep rocks and bugs out to keep it from clogging. I looked at mine yesterday after my 200 mile ride and found a dent in one of the screens, definitly helped...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thankd fo rth etip Ill look into that. I guess I was more concerned about not having them point at me for obvious reasons but also for appearances. maybe they would be better pointed to teh ground? or down and back slightly. thank for the tip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts