Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bolt that im pointing to fell out while riding and is lost. The one in the picture was a random one in my toolbox that kinda fit. Trying to figure out the OEM bolt size.
This is on the left (if seated). It holds the shifter/brake assembly to the bike. When it fell out the entire assembly let go and dragged on the road.

2007 rebel 250

Thanks all, in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You posted you got a 6X30 bolt. It takes an 8X30 according to the parts diagram.
Ahh misstype there. It was an 8x30mm. I took the 8x30 from the right hand side a d tried the hardware store bolt, threaded perfectly. Then i took the OEM from the right and tried it on the left and it still got hung up and felt like it was galling too. I got a gun cleaning brush out and brushed the inner threads but it didnt help. I think i might need to tap the frame threads. Anyone ever heard of this issue?

·
Super Moderator
29,144 Posts
Suggest you find an 8mm thread chaser. It's more apt to dress the threads than cut new ones, like a tap can do. But I've had success (and some failures) using a tap; just have to be careful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, and other contributors. I took her to the shop rather than eff it up. Hope they square it away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts