Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reassembling my '96 250 I have followed the manual as best as I can, I lined up the "T" indicator on the flywheel I am trying to follow the directions for assembly of the cam, " align the timing marks on the cam sprocket with the top of the cylinder head and install the cam chain over the sprocket" How do I know that I will not be out 180*, and what piston fires first, left side or right side. Which is #1 and which is #2?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further on the cam assembly, if I continue with the assembly as things are lining up, the right cylinder will be on compression, however if I turn the cam sprocket 180* then the left side will be on compression, who's up first?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both cylinders fire at the same time. So it doesn't matter which coil goes where.
That is interesting, so as I understand this both spark plugs fire simultaneously and one fires the charge in the fueled cylinder and the other spark is wasted. I was not referring to the coils just the positioning of the cam relative to the crankshaft. That is why the directions don't differentiate the difference. I was somewhat confused because there was a post where about no spark after a rebuild and the comment was "you might be 180* out" If the foregoing is all correct you could not be out 180* because they both fire at the same time. Thank you very much for the info. I can finish this project now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts