Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has a 1986 450 rebel and need to replace a Front brake line from the handlebars. He has not been able to find an aftermarket replacement part. Can anyone help him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I’m also looking for front brakes lines for an early rebel (1985 250) and the pickings do seem slim. What I’ve seen is a lot of parted out brake assemblies online going for cheep, though quality is my concern with that. Oem and aftermarket seems hard to find for early models but someone mentioned to me that you could even swap out newer model parts with older bikes since they haven’t changed all that much. Maybe have them look for aftermarket but for the newer models?

Has anyone else tried this?

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
There is also the possibility of having a brake hose made from measurements. You could even upgrade to a steel braided hose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m in the same boat with my 250. From my research, if you go stainless, you can buy all the bits individually and assembly it. The only “tricky” part is figuring out which angle fittings to use on the end. The good news is that they’re not expensive and there are lots of choices. For the 250, there are some posts on this forum that give what fittings work best for various years.
Also reminder: the 250s switched sides the brake is on, so make sure to know what you’re getting.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
For my custom 450's I have had success with hydraulic line by the foot:
And a couple of these:
Sniper II Low Profile Custom Brake Banjo Fittings OEM's are 20 deg.

Watch the video they offer and take your time. Requires strength and precision to build properly. Stainless steel is more challenging to work with, it loosens easily with increased handling. Cut ~1/2" more so you have a but to restart if necessary. You will see what I mean.

Once they are built correctly, you will like.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts