Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 500 ABS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rider and Rebel owner here. I just bought my first from a private seller at 2400 miles. Any advice on maintenance i can do myself? Previous owner just changed out the oil.

While we're on the topic, if anyone knows reliable mechanics in the Phoenix AZ area, drop em here.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
1st Welcome!
What year & CC is your bike ? And if you put that in your signature line that question doesn't have to be asked every time you have anything to say about your motorcycle.
This has a lot to do with what is necessary.

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
What is your skill level? The older Rebels are more DIY than the newer ones - if you like that sort of thing.

·
Registered
2019 500 ABS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the pro tip! It's a 2019, 500 ABS - so newer. I'm a beginning rider. Would definitely love any and all maintenance advice!

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
Most Here are involved with generation 1 & generation 2 rebels. Yours is a generation 3. Best to go to www.Hondarebel3forum.com

Reactions: sonic59

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
thanks for the pro tip! It's a 2019, 500 ABS - so newer. I'm a beginning rider. Would definitely love any and all maintenance advice!
new riders can do oil changes and chain maintenance with some research - keep an eye on the coolant overflow - they tend to get empty for some reason

you've got lots of miles of riding before you need to learn how to do anything more complicated

·
Administrator
4,750 Posts
Both Rebels forums are great. Join both. You are always welcome here as well.

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
If you haven't already done so, sign up for a basic rider training course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts