Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some of the Black Widow stands after reading about them on here. I ordered the ones with the U-shaped ends to fit around the swingarms. I watched the video showing how to set them up and thought they would be ideal. They have them on their website, discounted to 89.99 as model BW-06-12 backordered.

I was surprised when they shipped almost immediately, and was surprised again when something different arrived... without the U-shaped ends. I called them, and apparently this is BW-06-12-V2. They told me that the original is discontinued. Still on their website though, discounted and backordered!

I guess I'll give them a try, see how they do. On the plus side, the supports for the swingarms look a bit stronger, and have a thick rubber pad. I did like the extra security of the U fitting, can't imagine why they discontinued it.

Oh well...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am not sure how the V2 will work on a bike with full exhausts (mine has BCB shorties). It looks like there may not be enough clearance with the new beefier build.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I received the Black Widow front and rear stands yesterday and tried the rear today. Such a disappointment.
The rear stand is made of three tubes put together using only one bolt for each arm. The stand fits my bike with stock exhausts (it does not touch the exhausts), but its right arm flexes like a joke. For some reasons, the tubes do not snuggly fit. I avoided over tighten the bolt. I have not assembled and tried the front stand.
I will request an exchange, then a return, if the replacement still flexes.
I am thinking of some sort of reenforcement, probably a steel tube from Home Depot?

The next step is probably a Woodcraft. I emailed a vendor to inquire the size of the frame but have yet to received any response.

Best,
Little i

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have venom too (see attached), they do clear the stock exhaust, but you have to get on the end of the swingarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Will you be able to get the rear wheel out to do some maintenance??
I ordered the Pit Bull 240/300. We'll see.
The Black Widow is sloppy and I do not have the confidence to put my bike on it. I will send the Black Widow back.

Best,
Little i

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, I've had the rear wheel out after putting on that stand.
I agree it does seem sloppy, but I guess we get what we pay for. Once it's on the stand I find it's very stable, I've straddled the bike and tried to rock it left/right gently and there's no give.

That pitbull looks really nice, but out of my budget.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree it does seem sloppy, but I guess we get what we pay for. Once it's on the stand I find it's very stable, I've straddled the bike and tried to rock it left/right gently and there's no give.

That pitbull looks really nice, but out of my budget.
I was shopping long and hard and trust me, I wanted either a Pit Bull or a Woodcraft but, yeah, they are all way too expensive so I decided to get the Black Widow. To my surprise, it rocks sideways, both arms and my bike was very unstable. I even went to a Metal Supermarket store nearby but they said they do not have any tube the size that I can make a jacket for the stand around the joint. Eventually, I decided to order the Pit Bull (that I am unsure will fit) as I think my bike cost several thousand dollars and a $200 stand is kinda insurance, sort of. (I financed the stand through PayPal six months zero interest.)
If the Pit Bull does not work, I will try the Woodcraft.

Best,
Little i

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
My sediments too. It does what it's designed to do very well. Guess that makes me a Venom fan...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was shopping long and hard and trust me, I wanted either a Pit Bull or a Woodcraft but, yeah, they are all way too expensive so I decided to get the Black Widow.

If the Pit Bull does not work, I will try the Woodcraft.
Me too, there's a huge jump in price. Pity there's not something in between.
I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the new stand, whichever you end up using.

My sediments too. It does what it's designed to do very well. Guess that makes me a Venom fan...
Well I'm about to do the fork seals and spring bushings, and I'm a little dubious about putting the front and rear on stands. I'm thinking about taking off the tank and seat, strap the frame and use an engine hoist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts