Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the bars and fixed the choke, originally it was running rich. Now the problem is that when I ride the bike isn't taking off, almost feels like it's just revving , will take off it i take it really slow, any hep guys? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
Changed the bars and fixed the choke, originally it was running rich. Now the problem is that when I ride the bike isn't taking off, almost feels like it's just revving , will take off it i take it really slow, any hep guys? Thanks!

you want a little free play on the clutch lever - the cable should not be tight when the lever is out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you want a little free play on the clutch lever - the cable should not be tight when the lever is out

I was able to get it running a little better! I had to adjust the throttle cable and the clutch, is there a diagram or something so I can get it spot on?

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
The end of the clutch lever should move 1/4-1/2 inch before there is any tension at all in the clutch cable. the cable needs to be totally slack when the lever is released to prevent clutch slippage and rapid failure. It sounds like your clutch may be worn out if it fails to fully engage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts