Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got forward controls for my birthday from BCB, something I've been wanting since I got my 250 in August. Any disadvantages vs advantages?

·
Registered
2005 CMX250
47 Posts
Pricey but I'm very happy with them. Easy install, about 2 hours. Makes the bike much more comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
29,771 Posts
Possible con: IIRC, you have to cut the brake pedal and use the BCB extender. If you ever want to go back to stock, would need a replacement pedal. But you can find plenty of good used ones on ebay.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pricey but I'm very happy with them. Easy install, about 2 hours. Makes the bike much more comfortable.
They are pricey, after installing the exhaust and how easy it was from BCB I probably wouldn't want another kit from anywhere else. I was hoping it did thats what I'm going for. I'm only 5 ft. And its still pretty uncomfortable for crusing.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possible con: IIRC, you have to cut the brake pedal and use the BCB extender. If you ever want to go back to stock, would need a replacement pedal. But you can find plenty of good used ones on ebay.
Its too late to go back stock, there ain't no stopping me now 😜😎

·
Super Moderator
29,771 Posts
Stock bikes tend to command a higher price than modified ones, if that's a consideration at some point.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock bikes tend to command a higher price than modified ones, if that's a consideration at some point.
It could have been i suppose. When me and my pop bought it it was stock had a dent in the tank from guy before me dropping it his garage. When he went to buy it in Georgia he had his buddy redo the tank. I could have bought a stock tank and replaced it but every rebel looks the same, I like mine different. Now that I've done a handful of modifications to it I plan on modifying till I can't anymore and probably keep it and save for another. I'm only 5'0 so my bike fits like a glove.

·
Registered
2001 Rebel
14 Posts
OK, what are forward controls?

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,621 Posts
@davidw99 to quote Blue Collar Bobbers
"If your foot pegs feel too far back, these controls will be the perfect fit. They move the pegs 5″ (12.7 cm) toward the front of the bike."

·
Registered
2001 Rebel
14 Posts
OK, thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
6 Posts
I have been looking at these, and also the drag bar kit. From the way it looks these would move me forward on the bike so I could actually sit in the middle of the seat instead of on the very back edge of it. I bought the Rebel to customize, I'm just not sure what I want to do yet. But first I need to get it where I can ride it comfortably. Not worried about resale value. But whatever I do I want to do it right. I've seen some real messed up Rebels on Youtube. Blue Collar Bobbers stuff is expensive, but seems to be well made and well thought out. I don't just want to do a hatchet job on it.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been looking at these, and also the drag bar kit. From the way it looks these would move me forward on the bike so I could actually sit in the middle of the seat instead of on the very back edge of it. I bought the Rebel to customize, I'm just not sure what I want to do yet. But first I need to get it where I can ride it comfortably. Not worried about resale value. But whatever I do I want to do it right. I've seen some real messed up Rebels on Youtube. Blue Collar Bobbers stuff is expensive, but seems to be well made and well thought out. I don't just want to do a hatchet job on it.
[/QUOTE
Drag bar kit will be the next BCB kit for me. There are different kits you can purchase from different websites. Ive done all kinds of research on mine before I did it and watched a million videos. The BCB one looked easy from the video and hardly anything came to the kit so I gave it a shot and it was a piece of cake. Yeah it is expensive but it is well made and instructions were explained well. only 24 with hardly any mechanical experience at all and I did it. I was kind of on the opposite situation that you were. I'm only 5'0 so I was worried about my feet reaching. I wanted the forward controls because it felt like I was on a dirtbike with my feet up rather than a motorcycle with my feet more foward. The kit moves your peg 5' forward which was perfect for me I was still able to reach it. Ive only rode it twice since I threw it on considering its 20° where I'm from but they were long rides and it was so much more comfortable. So I highly recommend them!! I didnt want to go chopping mine up and tearing it apart and not know what I was doing and it be completely messed up because like you said I've seen a lot of crazy videos on what peoples done to rebels. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2005 CMX250
47 Posts
BB, IMO as another 6' person on a Rebel, drag bars are not the way to go for us tall guys. They look cool but will put your hands closer to your knees. I added the BCB forward footpegs, kept the stock bars, rolled them forward and mounted them on a set of 22mm risers that stack on top of the existing clamps. I also added a Sportster solo seat (check my posts).
I may go to a set of TC Bros 8" apes in the future but I find that these 3 mods made a world of difference for me.
YMMV.
20210113_105833.jpg

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rebel 250
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My pops just bought a spirit off Craigslist for us to flip and its got some BA handle bars. This is the only pic I have of it right now ill get another one soon.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
6 Posts
Wow those are some tall bars. I just ordered the BCB drag bar kit so I can get started. They are lower and more forward, so they should create a more lean forward riding position. That alone should get me off the back edge of the seat. I have been riding down the highway with my feet on the passenger pegs to take some of my weight of the back of the seat. It feels nice and soft when you press in on it, but it sure is uncomfortable to sit on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts