Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Thanks, Flite! I'm not at all unhappy with the performance of the previous repair, just think that for some reason it was just too difficult to pull. It was the front post of the battery cover that fits in to the donut on the bike. It broke (both times) right at the cover, in fact taking some of the cover material with it, so I don't think the post itself has been a problem, but I may try some matting and epoxy around the base.

Have you ever had occasion to use any rubber lubricant on a bike? My mind immediately leapt to Vaseline, but I just looked it up now, and found that "Vaseline or other petroleum products should never be used on rubber or neoprene objects. It can deteriorate the rubber or neoprene very rapidly. The correct lube to use is a silicone based lubricant, which comes with or without Teflon." The rubber lubricants that I saw before when I was looking were like $20 or $30 a small tube. But if that's what it takes, and maybe that's good for other component n the bike also, it's probably worth it.
I've had mine Break but I used Gorilla glue to Repair it. I brought it in the House and let it Dry for 3 days before I reinstalled it and I used some MB Green Bearing grease that I had in my Toolbox that I used to lube the Battery box studs and rubber with and so far I've had the cover off Several times with No Problems. That's my 1cent input
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top