Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have not used that stile of bracket as all I've used have had two bolts, my concern would be that only using one bolt that the bracket would not stay where it needs to be and would swing down in the rear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Old School, thanks for your reply. The bracket coming loos was my concern as well. It could get loose, slide down, and saddlebags and all could possibly end up tangled in the spokes. That would be a real show-stopper. I guess I will keep looking for cheap saddlebag brackets. Thanks again, Old School.

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
+1 on the single mount point issue, and for what they're asking you have a very wide selection of proven two mount point guards to choose from.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your welcome! Try looking at some of these -- 250 rebel saddle bag mounts | eBay

As the ones in your post were kind of expensive.
Thank You Sir! These are exactly what I was looking for. For some reason my searches didn't show these. The fitment of these is for an 86 to 09, and mine is a 2016, but I bet they will work. I have to measure the space between the bolts, but even if they are not exact, I'm sure my mechanic can bend them and make them fit. Sweet! These are inexpensive too. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Actually it wouldn't be much of a task to make your own out of flat steel...two pieces dropping down off the fender rails and a third connecting them at the bottom, repeat for other side. Since the bags will be covering them, it really doesn't matter how good they look. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all, I’m back! I guess once a Rebel Rider, always a Rebel Rider. After I picked up my previous Rebel, I traded up right away. I was trying to get to where I could physically handle larger bikes again after a wicked spinal injury. Long story shortly, I did that and my back failed again, so now I’m back to the Rebel. Which leads me to this thread. I just got an 09 CMX 250 Rebel a few days ago. I was looking through some of my old stuff, and found these saddlebag brackets that I never installed on my 2016 Rebel that I traded up with. I purused eBay and found some new well-tooled brown horseback saddlebags I’m thinking about, and soon I will order them. I don’t have a lot of time left that I will be able to ride in, but I am looking forward to this part of my journey as well. I will try to post a screenshot of the bags I picked out here in a few minutes. It’s good to be back.
God Bless You all

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, I scored a pair of Messenger bags for my Rebel instead of the bags I had previously posted. These are made of Goatskin, and are naturally cured. The advertisement said they only used natural oils and no chemicals. They really look nice, and are very inexpensive. I will post a link for any interested parties. I’m pretty impressed by their appearances

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/163809711280

I’m looking forward to receiving them.

☮ Peace ☮

·
Registered
12 Posts
My saddlebags came with mountinf system that was custom to the bike. Plus the turn signal relocation kit thats required on the rebel. It was no extra cost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts