Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just got my first bike it is a 1985 250 rebel and I was wondering if anyone has had any success in swapping the original halogen headlight to an led bulb/casing and if so what one fits best with the least amount of modifications as I want to leave the bike as original as possible, I just have a hard time seeing with the bulb in it now.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
85-87 didn't come with halogen headlamp
If that's what you have a PO has upgraded the entire headlamp & housing to some aftermarket version..
Those that have attempted LED upgrade of 96-2016 H4 have at times found the focus to be way off while other LED H4 replacements worked well..

If you have the old sealed headlamp with a Huge bulb inside you will need to upgrade entire housing as linked below..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the correction I'm just starting to learn all the mechanics I thought it was a halogen but looking at it you're right it is the sealed casing thank you very much for pointing me in the right way!

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
Helping each other is what we are here for
Welcome to the forum BTW
1st generation has some oddities not found in 2nd gen 96-2016
generally both generations are the same and most parts are interchangeable, those that aren't can throw you a curve ball when trying to keep up a vintage bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts