Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Speaking of clones I saw another Johnny Pag 250 Spyder here, making a total of three. I've yet to see the water cooled 300 version though.

Dammit I need to make my Rebel chop legal...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shadow Shack
Lots of Clones of all kinds here. 2 wheels and 3 wheels. Mine is a Jailing 250 a identical clone of the Honda Rebel 250.
Jailing one of the biggest motorcycle and scooter manufacturer in China. Went together with Honda for around a year making there bikes. Then Honda pulled out of the deal and China said we like these bikes and kept making them. My clone can even enter change parts with the real Honda Rebels.
Well who really cares anyway.

Take Care
Bill Costa Rica

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Sundiro was the first to acquire the Rebel blueprints for "home grown" Rebel clones way back in 2002 or so, much like GM was contracted with Toyota for Geo Prizms (US made Corollas) etc.

Honda may have had other deals in the works as well, but from what I have read Sundiro was first. They went belly up before production began though, and within the next year half a dozen other Chinese companies began belting out Rebel clones...suggesting someone at Sundiro used those blueprints as a golden parachute.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi just wanted to see if anyone was in Costa Rica.Pura Vida
Bill
Hey, Bill... where are you in CR? I hit Alajuela, Grecia, Sarchi, Naranjo, a brief Puntarenas at the bus stop. Then to Jaco, Quepos and MA, then a bus ride through Dominical and up the mountain to PZ.

I figuring on selling my Rebel in about a year to get some bucks to buy a something there.

Pura Vida

1 - 5 of 5 Posts