Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

Today I am the owner of a brand new 2019 Rebel 500. Moving from my 84 GL1200 to this around NYC is a dream. However i'm worried that this bike may get picked up and stolen, especially with current climate of chaos around the city.

I'm curious to you rebel owners, NYC natives, what do you do to prevent your street parked bike from being stolen? a 5' Kryptonite chain seems cumbersome. However, I'd really not like to lose the bike.

Looking forward to hear from y'all.

Cheers,

·
Vendor
29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
What type of theft are you most concerned about, Motoring or pushing it away is almost impossible with steering and ign. locks. However two big burley guys could throw it in the back of a pickup truck, there is little defense against that, about all you can do is insure it with full replacement. The bad guys do that around here they buy a new Harley and insure it with full replacement value, then in due course it will get stolen with all the paper work in order and a full police report. The bike is never recovered with in the time frame ie 7 days and a new one is ordered and payed for by the insurance co. Even though the original bike was never lost it can't be re-registered. Sometimes they are sold to an unsuspecting new owner or they are stripped down for parts only. I don't think your Rebel is on the high wanted list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts