Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
Welcome! That looks like a 3rd generation "Rebel".
There is a forum specifically for those Hondarebal3forum.com
They'd be better equipped to discuss any issues that might develop.
But, happy to see a new rider. Ride safe!
Did you take the safety course?

Reactions: Work_in_Progress

·
Registered
445 Posts
Joined 2 days ago, last seen 2 days ago.

Insert door closing sound here.

"What do you mean there are 2 previous generations of Honda Rebels, I just bought mine new!"

I can't help but think of the face my son made when he learned that Coca-Cola was well over 100 years old.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
1,609 Posts
I'm sure that I had a similar face when my dad told me that television in our area was, (at that time), less than 20 years old. And, that he had worked, installing antennas "for free" just to be able to say that he was in the television industry!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can't help but think of the face my son made when he learned that Coca-Cola was well over 100 years old.
This reminds me of my reaction when my cousin, who worked for the U.S. Embassy as a local national in Delhi, gave us Calendar distributed by Coca Cola. Every month had pictures of lovely blondes playing beach volleyball with a cooler full if Coca Cola sitting on the side. I thought, "It's neat, they have Coca Cola in the America too!". Little did I know then that Coca Cola is American!

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Super Moderator
31,147 Posts
Started as a soda fountain drink primarily sold in drug stores. In 1894, Joseph Beidenharn was the first to bottle it, at his wholesale candy company in Vicksburg, Mississippi. He expanded with bottling franchises in Louisiana and Texas. He eventually moved his business to Monroe, Louisiana, where I now live.

Delta airlines began as a local crop dusting service. The Biedenharns owned a majority of Delta's shares for many years, and still may. The annual stockholder meeting was held in Monroe from 1957 to 1997. It's said that a large stockholder questioned why the meeting was always in Monroe, which isn't a very large city. One of the Biedenharns reportedly replied something like: "I'll tell you why we meet in Monroe. I own 50,000 shares of Delta stock, I vote my sister's 20,000 shares, and most of my family owns Delta stock. We live in Monroe, and that's where we want to have the stockholder meeting!"

Reactions: Yaatri
1 - 6 of 6 Posts