Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of ya'll across the fruited plain, but these days we're having some of the best riding weather I've ever seen. I've been riding to work every day and it's a joy: 60s in the morning, barely reaches 80 here in the Shenandoah Valley in the afternoon, no rain (which is nice after so much all summer), everything is still green.

Isn't it great to ride a motorcycle? Really, don't you feel sorry for those that don't? Poor schmucks...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here"

Shakespeare, Henry V

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Friday I went on a ride on Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park. Beautiful! I'd post pictures but my phone lost its power (I presume from searching for a signal).

But that is a great ride, if you've never done it: great vistas, lots of nice curves, many bikes. My only concern is with animals on the road but I haven't come upon one yet (and the speed limit is 35 mph, which help). Highly recommended!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
The ride south on the Blue Ridge Parkway is well worth the time as well. Drop off east on Va-664 past Wintergreen Resort (hike to Crab-tree Falls is legendary) and come back north on Va-151 through Rockfish Valley and back over to Waynesboro on the Va-250 Afton Mountain twists makes a great run. Or if you feel like it the Va-56 crossover is a great drop-off either east or west, same for Va-60 although if you go east be sure to catch the turn off Va-29 to Va-151 on your way back as that's a lot more fun than mixing it up with the trucks on 29 IMACO. In fact it's hard to go wrong on that run. I've taken the BRPW as far south as Roanoke and back on US-11. Someday to the Great Smoky Mts . . .

Now don't even get me started on what's to the west. (Don't tell anyone but we are Rich when it comes to rides.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts