Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '06 CMX250. I'd like to install some adjustable levers. Lot's of inexpensive ones on Ebay and some REALLY expensive name brands available. Like anyone else, I'd rather keep the price down. Have any of you installed aftermarket adjustables that you are very happy with that you might make some comments about?

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,618 Posts
Sorry, & happy to inform you that I've never needed to replace mine. Even after a 55 mph crash.
Did yours break? Or, are you just wanting something different?

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it didn't break. When I took my bike in to have the trunk wired properly I also asked them to look at the clutch to see if the bearing needed cleaning and greasing. The mechanic got everything all re-aligned and properly greased..................but also adjusted the clutch cable to factory specs. Only then the lever was so far out I almost couldn't reach it. The lever was so far out I could barely hook my thumb on the grip and get my finger tips on the lever. It was that way when I bought the bike but I adjusted the cable so it was much closer..............but it had a whole lot more slack in it than it did when I picked the bike up the other day. With what little I know of the mechanics for the bike, I thought maybe he changed it because that's where it's supposed to be. Thought adjustable levers would solve the problem. It's not a big problem any more because I re-adjusted the cable so I can easily reach the clutch lever. I just want to make sure there's no reason I can't safely adjust the cable with that much slack in it. If it's a problem, I might put it back where he did and then bend my lever. Think I'd rather bend my lever than pay the prices they are getting for good levers. (sorry, I'm not capable of telling a short story.........or at least that's what my wife says!!!!!) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts